Call for Enrollment in A Level Courses of the 02hero Training Program is now open!
TOKA is calling for 25 applications to apply for the B Level Courses of 02hero Training Program that starts on 15th of November 2021 and lasts for six months. The Program includes an opportunity to attend a regional training and complete internships with prestigious employers. The training program is FREE! The spaces will be allocated on ‘first-come-first-serve’ basis, so hurry to APPLY!
Who can apply?
In order to apply, interested applicants must meet the below requirements:
- Be between 17-30 years old;
- Have completed at least secondary school, and at most Bachelor’s level University education;
- Have at least B1 or B2 English level;
- Have basic knowledge technology;
- Motivated to attend the course;
- Preference will be given to youth that are disadvantaged due to socio-economic, gender, ethnic, geographical etc. circumstances.
- The training program is for free.
- You receive a certificate upon successful completion of each course.
- You learn soft and technical skills for IT.
- You learn how to write a CV and a Cover Letter.
- You can secure an internship, and potentially a job after the completion of the Program.
- You get to travel to Bosnia and Herzegovina, and potentially Serbia.
What is the B Level Course of the 02hero Training Program?
The B Level Course is part of a regional training program of the project “My Career from Zero to Hero” funded by the European Union.
Participants will have the opportunity to learn soft and technical skills required for future jobs in the Information Technology (ICT) sector, through participation in transferable, digital and career counselling courses. The training program is in Albanian and in English, starts on 15th of November 2021 and last for six months.
1.1 Transferable Skills
The aim of the Transferable Skills Course is to help participants develop skills in communication, teamwork, problem-solving, public speaking and conflict transformation. It consists of three modules that last four days each – two in Prishtinë and one in Bosnia and Herzegovina. The course will be implemented by TOKA and its regional partners.
1.2 Digital Skills
The Digital Skills Course is aimed for youth who hold basic knowledge in IT in order to gain specific digital competencies in Web Development, along with soft skills and entrepreneurship and practice that will enable them to perform jobs in the IT sector with higher levels of complexity.
The course is implemented by Bonevet Kaçanik in Bonevet Prishtinë premises and participants will have the opportunity to participate in direct weekly bases teaching, and to gain mentorship and practice. The Course modules are:
- Microsoft Office Suite Review,
- Intro to Web Design
- Frontend Development, and
- Development Theory.
Trainers and mentors
Arbër Lleshi is the Managing Director for the BONEVET Foundation Gjakova. Besides his managerial position, since 2015 Arber has also been mentoring training in programming classes at BONEVET Gjakova. The classes he mentors are: Ruby, Ruby on Rails and HTML & CSS technologies.
Master’s Degree in Software Engineering
Managing Director – BONEVET Gjakova
Rexhep Krasniqi is a developer in Python programming language. He started working at BONEVET Prishtina in 2018 initially as an assistant and due to his performance he got promoted to Python mentor, a position he still holds today.
IT Officer and Python Mentor u BONEVET
1.3 Career Counselling
The Career Counselling Course will help you to prepare and apply for open job positions. The Course modules are:
- Recognition of personal capacities, interests, and making career decisions,
- CV and motivation letter development, and
- Presentation to the employer
The course is implemented by Organizata Rinore Hareja Vushtrri (ORH), and it will be held in Prishtinë.
Trainers and mentors
Ilaz started working in youth educational programs from 2018. His teaching experience is a combination of teaching and facilitator where he had the opportunity to coach, develop, and mentor youth through a variety of learning activities.
Bachelor Degree in Education
Teacher, Youth Centre Hareja Vushtrri
Muhamer started working in youth educational programs from 2004. His teaching experience is a combination of IT, Career Guidance and Soft Skills teaching. He has attended countless workshops and training courses in which he demonstrated strong leadership, organizational, and teamwork skills.
Master Studies in Teaching in Technology and ICT Master Studies in Informatics and Management
IT Trainer and Project Manager, Youth Centre Hareja Vushtrri
1.4 Showcase Day
The program finale is a National Showcase Day, where potential employers meet the Program participants, and offer internships in their companies.
A bonus opportunity!
After the completion of the three courses above, participants will be able to apply for the Entrepreneurship Course, which will teach youth how to jump-start your own business as well as how to organize, plan and budget long-term business. It starts from May 2022 until April 2023, and will be offered to 20 most motivated youth who will successfully complete the B level courses.
The modules of the course are:
- Introduction to Entrepreneurship,
- Budgeting and Finance,
- Legality, and
- Mentorship of market research and business plan development phase.
The course is implemented by Kosovar Youth Council (KYC), and it will be held in Prishtinë. Participants will get to work in pairs of two and will receive 360 hours for mentorship for six months. Part of the course is the regional module which will be held in Serbia for four days organized by our partner CZOR in order to foster cross-regional cooperation among youth in developing business ideas.
At the end of the course, 10 pairs will present their business idea in the “Elevator Pitch” competition event, with prizes for the best projects.
How to apply?
In order to apply for the B Level course, please fill out the application form.Apply for this training programme
The Call for Application is open from August 15, 2021 to September 26, 2021 at 17:00pm.
Any applications received after the deadline, will be automatically rejected. The spaces will be allocated on ‘first-come-first-serve’ basis, so hurry to APPLY!
- Submission of the online application: If your application is successful, we will send an email to request a two minute motivation video.
- Submission of video: If your video is successful, we will invite you to attend the interview.
- In-person assessment, which may include an interview and/or test.
- Selected applicants will receive a contract agreement to sign which defines mutual obligations and responsibilities.
If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or message us on our Facebook and Instagram page. We will be more than happy to answer your questions.